Sunday, June 19, 2005

"National Treasure"



Quarter to 4 in da AM. Missed posting for Saturday... kinda sorta.
This'll be Saturday's post I guess.
Nothin' much goin' to write about anyhoo.
Got my "One" bracelets in the mail today.
Really great charity in my humble opinion. They don't want money...
Just your voice. (tho cold hard cash iz good too.)
It's like a bunch of major world charity organizations are forming into... well..."One".
To try to eradicate worldwide poverty, hunger & AIDS.
If ya haven't heard about it yet... you will.
HUGE worldwide concerts happening next month, with a mind-blowing artist lineup.
I may go to the one in Philly.
Visit the "ONE" link to the right, check out the lil movie, and sign your name...
You'll be a better person for it.

Took a trip into Manhattan today to exchange a pair of shorts I bought there wit da website moolah.
Walked around with my camera just window shopping... stuff for da "wishlist"... and snapping random pix. Got a couple of good shots.
Spent like an hour in CompUSA. God! Gimme like $30 grand and turn me loose in DAT place... MAN! I could loose my mind there!
Love me some hi-tech gadgets!

I love the city.
Some folks like grass, and greenery, and open space 'n wutnot...
I do too... don't get me wrong. I spent my summers on my aunt's farm upstate NY. Even had my own horse "Joey". I love the country & nature just like da next bumpkin. But every so often I get an ache like a junkie does for his fix... I need to get all right up in dere in da mix with people... and lot's of 'em.
I'm like my mom... we can both be content at a sidewalk cafe, or in an airport, just watchin' all da people go by. Rush hour in Manhattan!
A crowded concert in Central Park!
A Saturday night in Times Square... now datz livin'!
And I've been to a few large cities in my day...but I gotta say...
I Love New York!
It's a treasure... a national treasure...
Which is wut I just got finished watchin' on pay-per-view.
"National Treasure", with Nicolas Cage (nice segue huh...?)
Good movie. Well... I liked it anyway.
It's a heist movie about stealing the Declaration of Independance, Freemasons and treasure.
For years as a kid... I thought the "G" in the Free Masons symbol stood for Gosik... my last name. My mom used to have one of those 1960's see-thru lighters, with that symbol floating around in da lighter fluid in da bottom.
Got it from one of her customers in the bar she owned.
I love a good heist/action/adventure flick.
(I shoulda never quit jewel thief school...damn...!)
And next to gadgets, I love movies.
And especially big summer blockbuster, sooperdooper...
hype-all-pumpin'-out-it's-neck type movies.
Spiderman, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings... BATMAN...!!!
(datz comin' tommorrow for Doodie's Day! My kid calls me "doodie")
I'm sooped! I can't wait!
I get all into movie hype... I love it! I watch the trailers, visit the websites, download da desktop pictures & screensavers...
a month later... it's all over.
Yesterday's cold soup.
But it's fun while it lasts.
"NEXT...!" C'mon Hollywood... dazzle me...!
Matter of fact... plant my ass in da middle of Times Square, in a Sharper Image $2000 Vibrating Massage Leather easychair, with a beefed up laptop with WIFI, a plate of Chinese food, some Reese's Pieces, stereo headphones with "The Fanastic Four" coming on the Jumbotron TV... and da keys to CompUSA and a pickup truck...
I've died and gone to Heaven...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 MoonMagic Graphics