Thursday, June 16, 2005

"Hard Drives 'N Diapers..."



So I went out to meet Stan, my website client yesterday.
All went unbelievably smooth. I had a pleasant trainride out there, took some shots of the club for the site, got the content info I need for webpages and got paid.
WOW! If only this could happen once or twice a week... I'd be set!
And MONEY... what a euphoric drug!
Then I got home and tried to enter all that data into the homepage,
and then I soon realized...
I haven't got a clue as to how to do this.
HTML editors are NOT word processors.
Straightup text is no problem, but doing bulleted lists & webpage tables have never been my friend.
But after monkeying around with it... I finally got it. <"phew!">
(Not the way I'd like it...but at least I got it all in there.)
Ah... he looked back at it all...and it was good.
Couldn't get any better...could it...?

The phone rings around midnight, and it's my daughter Kelly in the Air Force stationed down in Georgia...
"Hi Daddy!"
"Hi Sweetheart...how are you?"
"Ok...didja get my email?"
"No...been working on a website...haven't checked it."
"Go check it daddy..."

[opens email program and reads...]

"Hey daddy, whats up at the homefront? I’m just sitting here at work bored out of my mind. Your father’s day present shipped out today. It’s one of the hard drives in the email links that you sent me. Oh dad, by the way how would you feel if I told you that you were going to be a grandfather...?"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

My baby...my first baby...
da one I carried home in a lil bundle 25 years ago...
is gonna have a baby!

AND I'm gettin' a new harddrive!!!

<"booomp!">
[falls to the floor in a dead faint]

Jeez...ain't life GRAND!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t!! i'm soooo happy for ya, Gramps!! =D

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 MoonMagic Graphics