Thursday, September 22, 2005

"Into The Unknown..."




Ok... so I went to my first therapy session yesterday.
I can see I'll now be a regular traveler into the wide unknown expanse that is my whacked out mind. My therapist is a really cool woman named Linda, who's around sixty-something, and kinda reminds me a Hell of a lot of my dead sponsor/mentor Walter. In the short time we spent together, we covered a lot of ground, and she seems to also be like Wally in the way that she seems to want to champion my every cause, and question. She was on the phone with people trying to find a medicine for a rash I got as a by-product of my Hep C, and even went into my past experiences of being molested as a child, my grief over my mom dying, and my girlfriend leaving me.
I like her already.
This is strangely exciting territory for me...
like going into a spookhouse.
I can see it's gonna be fun and rewarding.

I also just got back from my dentist a bit ago...

I GOT NEW TEETH!!!

It's also... a new and bizarre experience!
Immediately I went out and bought all dat crap ya need for 'em...
Polident, Fix-O-dent, a denture brush...
the hardest thing to find is one of them there denture cups tho.
Hadda go to 3 stores to find one.
The dentist put like four ounces of Fix-O-dent on 'em, and when I got home... practically needed a jackhammer to pry 'em loose.
He told me it's gonna be a bit weird at first, and that eating, talking, etc. is gonna take practice... but eventually...I'd get used to it.
I hope so...
Cuz I just ate a Blimpie sub sandwich a little while ago...
and it was like an out-of-body experience.
I also now talk like I got my tongue slammed in a car door...
and I have a new lisp.

But I look ... DAZZLING!!!

This is how I look with my new teeth...



This is without...



Handsome devil... ain't I...???

So... all this stuff is gonna take adjusting to... but I'll do it.

Gotta pack in a bit... going down to Georgia on Saturday.
I'm sooped!
I get to go bye-byes on a plane!
Dunno when I'm coming back...
prolly in about 2 weeks.
(or whenever I get bored with rednecks... whichever comes first.)

So... wish me luck!
"Rednecks, New Teefh, and Psychologists... Oh My!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Mara said...

LMDAO with the dog pictures!!!

Happy HNT!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

HNT means (Half Nekkid Thursday) it's a common blogger term.

On Thursdays you take a picture of a body part (or find one on the web).... appropriate because there are underage bloggers floatin around..

and you post it with the letters HNT and a caption.

It's fun.

if you want to see a crazy one lol... go see Brico's

um...www.satoridesigns.blogspot.com

LOL... but it's somewhat censored!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 MoonMagic Graphics